Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Chpter Four- The Stormy Attack

CHAPTER THREE-THE STORMING ATTACK
“You see, Red? You’re not the only one with powers. See?” She laughed again, enjoying their fear, absorbing it, feeding on it. The more scared they were, the bigger the twister got. Everyone turned to Red, looking for someone who would take on the mystic. “W-what are you talking about, Martha?” She said, barely able to get the words out of her mouth. “Oh come on darling, don’t tell me you don’t remember our little chat, back when you were pregnant with Starlight? Let me refresh your memory. I told you I knew your secret, and you were all too happy to tell me everything I needed to know.” Outside the castle, the beautiful, light purple sky of Clantry turned dark brown. “What are you doing?! I trusted you!” She yelled over the rising winds and the torrents of rain that seemed, like the orbs, to come out of nowhere. “Well, honey, trust is a beautiful thing, just like a promise. You can keep it, or you can throw it out the window. I think you know what I mean. How many times have you broken the trust you have with your people? You lie to them every single day that you wake up and don’t come clean with them. These people trust you with their lives, their children’s lives, their grandchildren’s lives, and so on. Don’t you at least owe it to them to be honest?” “Honest? You’re trying to tell me about being honest? What are you? What’s going on? Whatever is happening is putting us all in danger! The water level is rising as we speak, there are horses blowing away in the wind! Do you hear me? What is wrong with you? I thought I knew you! You were my best friend.” Red thought she detected a hint of pity in Martha’s eyes, but only for a second. “I’m sorry. It’s too late.” She laughed again, more evil and sickening than ever before, as if her voice were coming from a deep, dark pit. She started spinning along with the twister, faster and faster and faster...then nothing. She was gone. The rain still fell in blankets, the wind still well over 100 mph. Red took over. “Quick! Everybody to the shelter!” Everybody ran down to the cellar, not a second to soon. Right as they were out of the doorway, the glass wall shattered into a million pieces. Water flooded the gigantic hall. Wind rushed through the castle. They shut the huge door behind them to keep the rest of the castle from flooding. When they got to the cellar they did a head count. Red felt sick as she realized who was missing. “Ferdinand...” she said slowly, quietly. “Where are Midnight and the baby?”

No comments: