Sunday, January 29, 2006

first chapter

Hey yall!
This is the first chapter of my story, so don't read the second one until you read this one! I think I accidentaly saved this one as a draft instead of posting it. Sorry about the mix up- this is the FIRST chapter!

Ghost at Peretti High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Bronson House---Wednesday---4:17 p.m.

Mariah Bronson pushed her long brown hair out of her face. At 14 years old she absolutely hated algebra. She could never concentrate. And yet somehow she still was a straight A student. Whatever- she still hated algebra. Mariah stared out her huge second story window. She loved it up here because the window let in so much light, and she could see her whole neighborhood. She always called her room her secret getaway.

As Mariah watched her street she saw some kids from school goofing off. She recognized them right away as Crystal Montgomery and her crowd. Crystal Montgomery was the blond, ditzy, head-cheerleader of the school. Along with her clones, Rachel Blackmond and Diamond Williams, she had 4 guys from the football team. James Crow, Michael Gate, Chad Booker, and Daniel Storm. The guys were playing football, while the girls cheered them on from the sidewalk. They all had gotten rid of there uniforms for the day and were now wearing their "human" clothes.

Mariah was suddenly yanked out of her dream world when three sharp beeps came from her computer. She knew the signal well. It was time to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peretti High School---Thursday---2:53

Mariah walked down the hallway, headed to detention. She had completely forgotten about finishing her homework-Again. Well, she was busy. Mariah opened the door to D-hall, and everybody stared at her as if an alien had just walked in. Blank, unwavering, stares. Since the door was at the front of the room, she was used to that. She was relieved when the Mr. Gordon, the math teacher, finally said something.

“Mariah! Nice to see you again! But I have to say, your repeated returns to this room have been quite disturbing. I never saw you in detention before Monday, but you’ve been in here every day since! May I ask why?”

“I forgot to do my homework again, Mr. Gordon. I was busy.”

Mariah wasn’t lying. She really was busy. But telling him what she was busy with was not an option. Not yet.

“Well, that’s okay. But you’re my favorite student, so try not to make this a habit!”

That was Mr. Gordon for you. He never got mad at anybody, for anything. And he never yelled, either. All the students loved him, but Mariah was his favorite because even when she got a grade other than an A he could tell she worked as hard as she could.

As Mariah took the seat closest to the door and began finishing the homework she didn’t turn in, something hit her in the face. She turned and saw her friend Scott Wakeman.

“Hey Mariah, I know your new and everything, but boy do I have a story for you! You heard about our school ghost?”

Ghost? This sparked Mariah’s interest right away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tune in tomorrow (or later today if I get bored) for the next chapter of "Ghost at Peretti High"!

And believe me... It's just getting started!

1 comment:

Rob said...

OK, I'm reading, so you gotta keep posting. I haven't read chapter 1 yet. I'm always looking for something to have on my Palm Pilot to read when I have to sit and wait someplace, so I'm putting your story on my Palm to read.

By the way...there's so such thing as "not being very good at blogging". Each person's blog is as unique as they are. If I were you, I'd keep up the story thing (that is unique AND cool), but throw in the funny stuff you were talking about in your life, too. I read most of the blogs I do because I know the person and it helps me get to know more about them.

I'm reading...keep writing,
Pastor Rob