Thursday, August 02, 2007

Quothe the Raven, "Nevermore"

Aaaaahhhh that is my favorite poem ever. I wanna see how much I can write from memory. xD

Once upon a midnight dreary
As I pondered weak and weary
Over a quaint and curious volume
Of forgotten lore

As I nodded nearly napping
Suddenly there came a tapping
As if someone gently rapping
Rapping on my chamber door

Tis some visitor, I muttered, rapping at my chamber door
Only this, and nothing more

Ah, so clearly I remember
It was in the bleak december
And each seperate dying ember
Wrought it's ghost upon the floor

Eagerly I wished the morrow
Vainly I had tried to borrow
Of my books surcease of sorrow
Sorrow for the lost Lenore
For the nameless radiant maiden that the angels named Lenore
Nameless here forever more

And each sad uncertain rustling
Of each silken purple curtain
Thrilled me
Filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before
So that now, I stood repeating,
Tis some visitor entreating
Entrance at my chamber door
Only this and nothing more.

Well that's all I can remember and I think I didn't remember it right, that line about the curtain... either way, I love that poem <3

No comments: